Why are schedule templates important?
Schedule templates are specially formatted documents that provide you with an easy guide to prepare for your tasks like a works schedule or employee schedule. A schedule template contains all you need to know about estimating the time required for a task, setting a deadline, and organizing your tasks. If your daily schedule does not vary much, using a schedule template saves time and avoids creating a daily schedule from scratch. Let us now discuss some reasons why schedule templates can be an important part of creating your works schedules-
Efficiency- A work schedule template needs to be created once and can be used again and again in the future, saving time and effort in creating a work schedule from scratch
Consistency- Schedule templates ensure consistency as they have a structure and layout. All documents, be it Microsoft word or excel or any other schedule document, made using a schedule template will match the layout exactly.
Accuracy- A pre-determined structure of a schedule template also helps reduce errors. Several elements in a work schedule template can serve as a reminder of points or sections to include. Many schedule templates have tools to cross-check time off requests or shift swaps.
Automated- Schedule templates have automated formatting which helps save time. The schedule template can automatically fill in certain employees who may always work a particular shift.
Though there are plenty of employee schedule templates available for free online, it is always best to opt for a scheduling app or software like Zipschedules which not only has schedule templates but can also help with other functions like time tracking or connecting to payroll.
Time tracking is an important aspect of employee scheduling as it helps determine which employee is suitable for a particular job like a high-pressure shift. Time tracking measures hours worked on projects or tasks is then used to make sure employees are being compensated accordingly. Time tracking your employees will also help you analyze bottlenecks and figure out ways to increase productivity. Time tracking templates or timesheets are used for payroll and by managers to gauge how an employee spends their work hours and how much time they take for a certain task.
Here are five reasons why a business needs timesheets or a scheduling app which has timesheets-
1. Transparent work process- A time tracking template makes time registrations a must which automatically makes your business more transparent. It also offers insights into the jobs being completed and their duration. Time tracking tools provide the bigger picture which can help optimize productivity and also keep tabs on what everyone is doing.
2. Increased accountability- The need to register check-in and check-out time to better employees' focus as they know their time spent on work is being tracked.
3. Understanding efficiency- Using a schedule template to track time helps improve operational efficiency, as it provides insights into your billable hours and highlights your productivity. Tracking time spent on client work can help track billable hours and increasing billable hours leads to a more profitable business.
4. Resource allocation- Timesheets also help identify which department needs more resources, and provide insights on who has the most value in the team by tracking work completed in the given time.
5. Tracking budget- When employees fill in their timesheets on the time spent on projects and tasks, you can correlate the information to calculate how much of the budget has been spent.
It’s hard to manage your time, especially when you have a lot going on.
Zipschedules offers a variety of free downloadable schedule templates that can help you stay organized. With these templates, you can easily plan out your week and keep track of everything.
A weekly schedule is a good way of keeping track of your activities and tasks for the week. A weekly schedule helps you plan out when you can get your tasks and projects done in the time you have available. A weekly planner helps you maximize your time. You can you're your time effectively by using a weekly schedule template to complete the right tasks at the right time. We will now discuss the benefits of opting for weekly schedule templates to outline your weekly work plan-
1. Visualize the amount of weekly work you have- With a weekly schedule, you can see every task you need to perform or complete in a week in one place. This makes it easier to track your work progress.
2. Review- A weekly schedule helps you review if you have the time and resources to complete tasks that are part of your weekly work. You can review your work beforehand and make changes if you feel that some changes are necessary.
3. Change your weekly schedule- While using a weekly schedule template, you can change or alter your weekly schedule.
4. Share your weekly schedule- With a schedule template or using the schedule templates on an app you can share your weekly schedule with your team. This fosters transparency, allowing a better understanding of your weekly work and the time you will be spending on each task.
5. Benefit your mental health- A weekly planner helps you plan your work schedule in advance and you don't have to spend a portion of your day figuring out what you need to do in a day. You can also use a weekly planner for tracking your personal life like your sleep and routines, which can help you better understand your mental health.
Planning a monthly calendar is a good way to reinforce a regular work schedule which helps you follow your long-term goals. A monthly work schedule helps you stay organized and plan weeks in advance, which decreases your stress and gives you more time to better your work. A monthly work schedule template should include a monthly review, a list of projects and their progress and deadlines, and tracking your habits. Planning your work schedule a month in advance will help you as-
Better organization- A work schedule template for your month lets you review the projects you have and the deadlines. This helps you plan your work schedule and work out efficient methods of completing the work schedule. Having a plan month in advance will keep you focused on your tasks and help you be more productive.
Complete your tasks quicker- A monthly work schedule template can help you work more efficiently as you have a comprehensive list of tasks. A work schedule template lets you keep a tab of your tasks. You can complete your tasks better as you have an idea of your deadlines beforehand.
Prioritize and declutter- Monthly work schedule templates help you prioritize your tasks. This will also help you identify which task is important and mark that as a priority, this will also help you declutter your task list and focus on important projects. You can finish more tasks and not waste time on unnecessary tasks.
Less stress- Planning ahead helps you know the amount of work you have to complete in a given period of time. Schedule templates for monthly work let you see the work you have to complete in a month and also mark important tasks. When you know the amount of work you have to complete in a month, you feel more relaxed and this reduces your stress.
Track patterns- When you create a schedule template for work to be done over a longer period of time, you are able to track your work patterns. Schedule templates for monthly planning will help to analyze your work patterns and then reorganize your work schedule to ensure that you work smarter to meet your goals.
A task list is an important part of your work schedule template as it is a list of tasks of a project or all projects. A task list is a worklist for the entire project team with all vital information regarding the tasks in that project. Task lists are used to organize the duties and steps of a project and help employees stay focused and productive.
A task list as it is the foremost key to an efficient work schedule. A task list prioritizes the tasks and responsibilities that need to be performed in a certain amount of time. The task list will also contain the deadline. Task lists in a schedule template help an organization create short-term and long-term goals.
You can use schedule templates or an app like an Employee Scheduling app to create task lists for your projects. A task list can be called a specific plan on how you want to carry out your business. By checking off your task lists, you are not just completing your tasks but also keeping track of your progress and eliminating potential hindrances.
Life is busy, and it’s hard to keep track of everything you need to do.
Zipschedules suggests these free downloadable schedule templates that are easy to use and will help you organize your time so that you can be more productive.
How to Download a Schedule Template
There are many websites that offer free schedule templates that can be downloaded to create your work schedule. One can basically visit the website look at the different formats of the work schedule templates or Employee Schedule templates and see which suits their business the most. They can then download the schedule template and use it for creating work schedules. Websites like office.com have arranged their schedule templates by category. You can download the templates or log in to your account and then use the schedule templates. You can also use google sheets to create your work schedule as it is accessible if you have a google account. There are schedule templates marked by task or time period like a weekly schedule.
After downloading a schedule template, you can include the following point while you are creating a schedule for your employees' names, dates, business hours, business or manager contact information, work hours, and duties assigned.
While there are plenty of free schedule templates available online, it is always a better idea to opt for a scheduling app like Zipschedules as they have schedule templates and also plenty of other features which can help you create better and more efficient work schedules.
Best schedule templates for business
As discussed, it is better to opt for a scheduling app or software to get employee schedule templates to create work schedules. Here we have listed the top scheduling apps in the market which offer you schedule templates to create a work schedule for employees-1. Zipschedules- It is a scheduling app that provides schedule templates or allows customization of employee schedule templates to create employee work schedules and share them with staff across channels like email, mobile push notifications, and through the hardware. Zipschedules also has tools for reminders about labor laws and rules, multi-location support and request management for time offs and shift swaps, and a 24x7 help center.
2. Hubstaff- It is scheduling software that provides schedule templates to create work shifts for your team, allows the team members to view schedules, creates one-time or recurring shifts, and sends reminders to team members if they are late. It also offers time-tracking software, payroll management, and project management tools. The app has schedule templates that can be created in just a few clicks.
3. 7shifts- It is a scheduling app that lets managers create the schedule with time-off and availability automatically added through the schedule templates. The scheduling app also allows employees to view their shifts and their team members for upcoming shifts. The app also lets the employees view their hours worked and estimated earnings.
Schedule Templates for Time Management
As discussed, creating schedule templates helps you plan your work in advance which can help you maximize your effectiveness and reduce your stress levels. Creating a schedule template for your work helps you identify the time you have and block inappropriate contingency times to handle any unforeseen tasks. We have already discussed time management and now let us see the different types of schedule templates for time management-1. Key Result Areas schedule template- This type of schedule template helps you identify and complete targets that everyone in the team aims to achieve. This type of schedule template will have the team and individual goals and the target score that each goal has and how much score is achieved after the target is completed.
2. To-do list schedule template- This type of work schedule template requires a list of what you are going to do each day. A to-do list each day helps focus the mind. You should have a plan for your daily schedule or you will get requests and assignments which will make you fall back on your work.
3. Project management schedule template- A project list is a schedule of all big projects you are part of and completing this schedule template will have a positive impact on your KRAs. A project management schedule template will let you see all the big and important tasks.
4. Meetings schedule template- Many view meetings as lost hours but using a schedule template to record meeting objectives, and topics in focus can help prioritize your tasks. A meeting schedule template helps you identify the priority of a certain task or project.
5. Task delegation schedule template- There are times when you have to delegate your tasks. A schedule template for task delegation helps you keep track of the tasks you have delegated and their deadline so you don't have to keep hounding the person to whom you have delegated a task to.
Schedule Templates for Task Organization
There is no one-size-fits-all task management hence creating a schedule template for task organization will help you keep track of all tasks you need to complete. Here is a list of schedule templates for task organization-1. Grocery list schedule template- The grocery list' schedule template is just organizing tasks in simple lists and is the most popular task management method. The schedule template lists all tasks and their respective deadlines.
2. GTD schedule template- Getting Things Done schedule template can be described as a more powerful version of a grocery list. The schedule templates look similar to grocery list-style schedule templates but they have sub-lists, time management tools, and more built-in. Most GTD schedule templates have note-taking and file-drop capabilities and also have built-in calendars that show your tasks and their deadlines
3. Team-based schedule templates- There are many scheduling apps that have team-based schedule templates where team members can add and edit tasks as well as discuss tasks and also collaborate for group tasks. Many tasks also have sub-tasks and the larger projects can be organized in their own boards or lists to keep everything organized.
Kanban schedule template- The Kanban schedule template is a better version of a pen-and-paper list. This schedule template has Post-It notes, a corkboard, and labels, and organizes tasks by progression. A Kanban schedule template is great for teams and those who like to see the big picture at a glance.
Schedule Templates for Goal Setting
Goal setting helps you focus on your daily achievable targets and also long-term plans. Having a schedule template for goal setting allows you to track major milestones you have completed and how many are left. Goal setting schedule templates also ensure that the goals you set are going to be reachable as they are designed to be specific, and, hence you need to be clear about what you want to achieve.
A goal-setting schedule template should be simple and easy to understand. You should be able to see your progress at a glance. Your goal-setting schedule template should have a timeframe for the goals you are setting for yourself. The goal-setting schedule template should also give you space to note down why you are actually working towards a particular goal. A schedule template should have precise instructions on what you need to do to reach those goals.
There are several schedule templates available that can help you set your goal but here we list four schedule templates that help you clearly define your goals-
Smarter goal schedule template- The goal-setting schedule template is designed to help you think deeply about your goal and has been designed to ensure that you have thought about all the key steps you need to take.
Best schedule templates- This goal-setting schedule template can be customized to fit your needs. The schedule template covers the vital aspects of goal setting and has been designed for ease of use.
Spark People schedule template- This schedule template not only helps you set your goal out but is designed to list the requirements to reach that goal. The schedule template also has tools to make your goal smart.
Moritz Fine Blog Designs schedule template- If you want your goal-setting schedule template to have a little color and bold design, you can opt for these schedule templates. The schedule template gives you space to write down several other goals which can be displayed in an eye-catching way.
How to use these schedule templates
Using schedule templates for your work schedule helps you be more efficient as it lets you focus on content and completing tasks. Schedule templates can be customized for various purposes and help you maintain consistency. Here is how you can schedule templates to better your work schedule-
1. Helps save money and time- Using schedule templates helps to decrease costs and saves time as having a defined structure for tasks like creating an Employee Schedule is extremely cost-effective. This allows staff to spend more time on the actual work or content rather than the structure.
2. Helps increase flexibility- Most schedule templates have inbuilt tools for customization and employees can modify schedule templates or create their own custom work schedule templates. Being able to create your own structure and appearance in a schedule template for your different clients helps distinguish your work.
3. Helps provide uniformity- Schedule templates can help make your content have a unified appearance. A schedule template provides a constant form and structure, which makes it easier for your team to locate important aspects quickly. This can also help to impress prospective and current clients with your company branding.
4. Helps reduce errors- Schedule templates prevent mistakes as they have a consistent framework of elements required to complete a report. Schedule templates always demand some specific mandatory information to complete a report/matrix. This makes it difficult to accidentally omit information in schedule templates.
Other Time Management Tips
After discussing how using schedule templates can benefit your work schedule, let us now look at some tips that can help you manage your work schedule-
Time audit- A time audit is used to find where you actually spend your time. There is often a difference between what you think is taking up your time and what actually is. You should have a realistic idea of what you are able to get done and where you will require a lot of time to complete a task. The best way to carry out a time audit is to use a time tracking application. At the end of the weekly schedule, look at the reports and analyze the time you spent on different tasks, and then you can easily find areas to improve.
Plan your work schedule- Having a plan before you start your work schedule helps you focus on your priorities. Planning the weekly schedule on a Sunday helps you transition your weekend mindset to a working brain'. Set up low-priority tasks for the end of the weekly schedule as your energy levels ebb during the week. Break your weekly work into a daily schedule of tasks.
Use the 80-20 rule- The 80-20 rule refers to the Pareto Principle that states 80% of an outcome generally comes from 20% of inputs. Find out your 20% activities to focus on gaining an 80% outcome. Use the 80-20% rule to find out where to spend their work schedule. Use a time audit or time tracking tool to identify the 20% as this will give a better indication of what activities are having the greatest impact.
Managing your time is a major challenge.
Download these free downloadable schedule templates suggested by Zipschedules and you’ll be able to plan out your week with ease!