The truth is that it is impossible for any single scheduling software and app to work well for all businesses in various industries, and that’s why there is a variety of these tools all over the internet. Each of these scheduling tools has an assortment of features to offer, and it is these features that should determine the best employee scheduling software and app for your business. In this article, we are going to look at the key features to look out for when shopping for first-class scheduling software and app.
Best Employee Scheduling Software and App – 12 Key Features the Best Employee Scheduling Software and App Should Have
- Functionality : – The best employee scheduling software and mobile app should be able to provide the functionality you are looking for. For example, are you looking for a tool that will not only make it easy to create schedules, but will also enable you to send automated reminders? Do you need a tool that offers a mobile application? A free trial of the tool should be able to clear any doubts.
- Cloud-based – A good scheduling tool should be cloud-based for a number of reasons. For starters, you don’t have to download bulky software for the tool to work; all you need is a URL to direct you to your company’s operations.
- User-friendly – A good staff planning calendar or tool should be user-friendly, not only for you, but for your employees as well.
- Free-trial – Go for a tool that offers a reasonable free trial period. This way, you will get personal experience on exactly what it offers and how it works.
- Dependability – Find out how long the tool has been in business, the longer the better.
- Security – Does the service provider have any security measures to protect your data?
- Technical glitches – It is unreasonable to expect any online tool not to go down for a while, the question is, what are the providers doing to reduce such glitches?
- Cost – There are many free scheduling tools out there, but the truth is that their functionality and support cannot be depended upon. On the other hand, there are online schedulers that come with a monthly fee, and these are the tools that generally offer extensive features and dependable customer support.
- Mailing address – If the service provider is not willing to freely share its contact and physical address info on their website, it’s probably not a tool that can be depended upon.
- References/reviews – What do other people or users have to say abut the scheduling software? Are the service providers willing to share references and testimonials?
- Training/coaching – Does the product offer training or coaching lessons for new users? This is the least a provider can do for a user who has just selected their scheduling tool.
- Live customer support – The best employee scheduling software should also offer live customer support. This is very important as it is the only way to have urgent issues solved as fast as possible.
Get a free trail now for best employee scheduling software and app from Zip Schedules.