This blog was updated from it’s original version on July 12, 2016
Need help Scheduling Employees?
1. Click here to start your 30-day free trial of Zip Schedules!
2. Learn a bit more about Zip Schedules – click here before starting a free trial.
3. Follow our step-by-step infographic or blog to learn how to create your own template on excel.
4. Follow this link to download the free, customizable scheduling template seen below!
Download our free employee scheduling template seen above – Click Here
Tired of Scheduling with Excel? Introducing Zip Schedules
Living in a highly digitalized and interconnected world, Zip Schedules – web-based work schedule maker has gained popularity in a short span of time for people and businesses dealing with information overload every day. It is perhaps one of the best schedule makers available that allows you to organize your schedules by helping you organize all your information in one place. At Zip Schedules we understand some owners are weary to make the transition to software scheduling – if so, use the free tools below to see if you prefer excel scheduling or Zip Schedules.
Scheduling solutions have been getting a lot of attention lately. While there are innumerable ways through which you can maximize the productivity and effectiveness of your business, downloading a weekly schedule template is a surefire way to streamline your processes in the most efficient manner. Downloading a weekly schedule template will enable you to easily create your weekly schedule.
By making a weekly schedule, you’ll be able to focus more on your goals and reinforce these by providing yourself and your employees, workers or staff with a practical plan for the entire week. Whether you’re a CEO managing a big organization, or a project manager handling multiple projects, a weekly schedule will make your life more organized and manageable.
Weekly Schedule Templates in Microsoft Word and Excel
Downloading a weekly schedule is one of the best ways to schedule templates in Microsoft Excel format. While you may find these templates for download from various online sources, it is a better idea to download these from a trusted source such as Zip Schedules in order to avoid downloading malwares and malicious spyware.
A weekly schedule template in excel format is very simple and easy to use. The most striking feature of these templates is that they are editable and can be used multiple times. All you need to do is download the template, fill in the details you wish to include such as your staff details and there you go.
Similarly, if you wish to make your own schedule online, you’ll be able to find a number of different calendar templates that suits your unique needs and preferences.
How to Find an Employee Schedule Template in Excel Format:
In order to find a blank calendar template, follow these simple steps;
- In the first step, go to excel.
- Next click the ‘file’ or the ‘Office Button’ tab and hit ‘New’.
- Type ‘calendar’ in the ‘search online box’
- Hit ‘go’
- You can now select and download the calendar template of your choice
Due to hectic schedules most people prefer to download free schedule templates or calendars where all they have to do is edit in the details according to their needs.
How to Download an Employee Schedule Template In Word Format:
Schedule templates are also available in Word format. You can also choose to download these templates. Like the templates available in Excel format, it is also very easy to use weekly schedule templates in Word format. All you need is a trusted website from where you can download a weekly schedule template confidently.
1. Download, enter your details, save and print it. That’s about it.
2. Like Excel templates, Word Schedule templates can also be edited, customized and used multiple times. You can also choose to make your own schedule making use of Microsoft Word, even though making your own schedule on Microsoft Word is slightly more difficult than creating a schedule on Microsoft Excel.
3. You’ll need to use the ‘Table’ feature when creating your own schedule using Microsoft Word. The process normally takes about 20-25 minutes, or more depending on your proficiency, whereas downloading and creating a weekly schedule template in Word format takes only 5 minutes. The best thing about these templates is that these are also available in PDF format and for iPhones and other smartphones.
If you have not started using Zip Schedules, then it is about time you do and start managing your schedules and your life in the best possible manner.