Do you manage hourly employees and find yourself struggling to schedule efficiently? If so, a work calendar template in Word is one scheduling tool you need to learn more about. Managing employees is not an easy undertaking; however, using a Microsoft Word or Excel work calendar template will make it easy for you to create an optimized employee schedule. Not to mention, creating a calendar template in Word is 100% free. Follow these 7 steps or download a work calendar template for free.
How to Create a Calendar Template in Microsoft Word: 6 Steps
- Open Microsoft Word, Select ‘File’
- File, Select ‘New from Template’
- Browse templates until you find a calendar that pleases you, click to select.
- Select color scheme and/or font, select “choose” to create calendar.
- Select a month and year to start your calendar.
- Edit as you would any other Microsoft Word document & save periodically.
Step-by-Step Screenshot Guide:
1. Open Microsoft Word, Select ‘File’
2. File, Select ‘New from Template’
3. Browse templates until you find a calendar that pleases you, click to select.
4. Select color scheme and/or font, select “choose” to create calendar.
5. Select a month and year to start your calendar.
6. Edit as you would any other Microsoft Word document, Save periodically.
Download your free Microsoft Word work calendar PDF here.
If you are not satisfied with the calendar templates in Microsoft Word, you can always download a free calendar template from the web. Downloading a work calendar template in Word takes less than 5 minutes, while creating one from scratch takes 20 minutes or more. Ready-made templates are available in PDF format and can also be used on your mobile phone.
Keep in mind that countless sites’ main purpose is to infect your device through a download. Ensure the website you are using to download your Word or Excel template from is safe and reliable. Their main targets are people looking to download free files and other free programs such as music and videos. In spite of this, there are thousands of great sites dedicated to helping users and making things easier for them. Make sure to be aware of any possible risks when downloading content from the internet.
All in all, with a thoughtfully prepared a work calendar template, you can expect to create better decisions, assign tasks to the right people and generally meet production goals without necessarily compromising quality. Similarly, a work calendar template in Word helps cut labor costs and almost entirely eliminates scheduling mistakes and conflicts.